RIIRTM301D Operate a truck or trailer mounted attenuator
You will learn how to operate a Truck Mounted Attenuator (TMA) in a safe and competent manner according to legislation.
- Positioning and locating the vehicle
- Responsibilities for safety at worksites
- Two way radio communications
- Safe operation of the attenuator
- Implementing traffic guidance schemes
- Record keeping
- Programming the visual display board
How to apply basic First Aid and CPR techniques.
- The outcome is a Statement of Attainment: RIIRTM301D operate a truck or trailer mounted attenuator
What are the pre-requisites for the course?
- Rigid Truck Driver’s Licence
- You must hold the SOA for RIIWHS302D
(implement traffic management plan)
How is the course conducted?
RIIRTM301D Operate a truck and trailer mounted attenuator, is a one-day course plus 40 hours logged practical. After completion, truck mounted attenuators (TMA) operators will understand the correct procedures of conducting pre-start and post operational checks, correct deployment, operational methods and pack-up of TMA, implementing appropriate plans including correct shunt forward.