RIIVEH305E – Operate and maintain a four wheel drive vehicle
Operate and maintain a four wheel drive vehicle is a 1 day practical nationally recognised course designed to familiarise drivers with the correct use of appropriate range gears and techniques to operate a 4WD vehicle through and over different terrain.
Topics covered include:
- Identify 4WD drive specific terms, terminology & techniques
- Plan for minimal environmental impact
- Perform pre departure checks
- Use four wheel drive mode
- Safe use of a snatch strap to recover a vehicle
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs on four wheel drive vehicle
How to apply basic First Aid and CPR techniques.
How to operate a 4WD vehicle along with safety procedures and basic vehicle maintenance.
- Participants who successfully complete the course and assessment will be awarded a Statement of Attainment for RIIVEH305E – Operate and maintain a four wheel drive vehicle.
Do I need my own vehicle?
Clients are asked to bring their own four wheel drive vehicle (conditions apply)
How is the course conducted?
This is a blended learning programme; 1 day (approx. 6 hours) of face to face classroom/workshop/field training plus a theory and practical based assessment.
What are the pre-requisites for this course?
There are no pre-requisites, however you will need to show a valid and appropriate drivers licence.