Standard 11 Mining Induction Course
The Standard 11 (S11) Mining Induction is a mandatory course for new and existing workers to work on a mine in Queensland. This course meets all the requirements for Recognised Standard 11 training set by the Queensland Mining Safety Inspectorate.
The Standard 11 Mine Safety Induction course is aimed to make sure new and existing employees employed in a mining environment are trained to the appropriate standards to be working within mining operations. Standard 11 has been created to raise awareness of hazards that exist in a mining environment and worksite. All students undertaking the course will gain the knowledge and skills to comply with all health and safety obligations in the mining industry.
Existing workers must undertake a refresher course every 5 years.
The Standard 11 Induction is:
A nationally-recognised program
- Industry endorsed
- Knowledge, activity and hands-on based learning
- Used by mining companies, labour-hire firms and contractors
- Fully compliant with the appropriate legislation
Units of Competency
Standard 11 Training course requires the completion of the following units of competency to achieve a Statement of Attainment.
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIIERR205D Apply initial first aid
- RIIGOV201D Comply with site work processes/procedures
- RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- RIIERR302E Respond to local emergencies and incidents
How to apply basic First Aid and CPR techniques.
Units of Competency
- These units of competency are set out in Appendix 3 of the Queensland Department of Natural Resources and Mines Recognised Standard 11 – Training in Coal Mines include (Surface only):
- · RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- · RIIGOV201D Comply with site work processes/procedures
- · RIIWHS201D Work safely and follows WHS policies and procedures
- · RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
- · RIIERR205D Apply initial response First Aid
- · RIIERR302E Respond to local emergencies and incidents
Students will be introduced to the following sections of the mining industry:
- General mining overview
- General safety
- Managing workplace hazards
- Risk management
- Isolation and tagging procedures
- Traffic and mobile equipment procedures
- Emergency procedures
- Lifesaving first aid
- Firefighting and fire prevention
- The environment
- Work processes.