RIIWHS205D Control Traffic with Stop/Slow bat – Full Course
This course will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to control vehicle and pedestrian traffic using stop-slow bats, hand signals and approved communication devices in the resources and infrastructure industries.
Elements of unit include:
- Plan and prepare to control traffic
- Control traffic and operate communication devices
- Conduct house-keeping activities
How to apply basic First Aid and CPR techniques.
- On successful completion participants receive a Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS205D Control Traffic with a Stop/Slow Bat. Evolution Training Solutions will also provide the documentation required to apply for accreditation as a Traffic Controller with the QLD Department of Transport and Main Roads (DTMR), where applicable.
- The current application fee can be found by clicking on the below link:
How is the course conducted?
This 1-day course comprises of lectures and group discussion covering the following topics:
- coordinate operations with a pilot vehicle in a shuttle flow work arrangement
- participate in risk assessment and management processes
- identify the type and scope of hazards and their impact and recommend risk control measures
- identify key environmental protection issues and describe the required solutions
- locate and complete at least one incident report
- complete housekeeping requirements
At the end of the course, participants will be required to successfully complete a theory assessment.
What are the pre-requisites for this course?
Students must hold a valid White/Blue Card