RIIWHS302E Implement traffic management plan – Full Course
This course will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to access, interpret, and apply traffic management plans in Civil construction.
Elements of the unit include:
- Plan and prepare to implement a traffic management plan
- Set out the traffic guidance scheme
- Monitor traffic guidance scheme
- Close down traffic guidance scheme
- Clean up and house-keeping of the work area
How to apply basic First Aid and CPR techniques.
- On successful completion participants receive a Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS302E Implement traffic management plan. Students will be issued with a TMI card on behalf of QLD Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR).
- Please note that the card issued will expire three years from the date of completion. To continue to work on QLD roads, a refresher course is required before the date of expiry.
What are the pre-requisites for the course?
It is a mandatory requirement by the QLD Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) that you hold both of the following:
- Working in Proximity to Traffic Part 1 – Awareness
- Working in Proximity to Traffic Part 2 – Works Protection Methods
Please note that these courses can be completed online via the TMR website: https://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/business-industry/Commercial-services/Technical-training
Copies of your certificate of completion must be supplied before you will be issued with your SOA.
You will need to provide a copy of the below prior to attending the course.
- Construction Induction card – White Card (CPCCWHS1001).
If you do not hold a White Card, please contact our office, as you can complete this course with Evolution Training Solutions.
What do I need to bring?
Please bring with you:
- Photo ID
- Construction Safety Awareness (Blue / White) Card
- A valid Unique student identifier (USI)
This 1-day course comprises of lectures, group discussions, and simulated and practical exercises, covering the following topics:
- Access and interpret traffic management plans
- Apply traffic management plans
- Installing and removing signs and devices in accordance with traffic guidance schemes for roadwork
- Traffic flow requirements, and how to deal with offending motorists
- Safety; identify and report potential risks, hazards and environmental issues
At the end of the course participants will be required to successfully complete a theory assessment.