White Card/General Construction Induction Course
CPCCWHS1001 – Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
The White Card/General Construction Induction Course is a mandatory course for anyone who wants to work on, or enter any active worksite in the Infrastructure, Resources and Construction industries and must have it in their possession on site.
Who must hold a White Card?
- Any person who carries out construction work, including site managers and supervisors, surveyors, labourers and tradespersons
- Any person who gains access to operational construction zones unaccompanied or not directly supervised by an inducted person
- Any person whose employment causes them to routinely enter operational construction zones
To receive a White Card, a student must attend a formal face-to-face training session. White cards obtained through online providers might not be accepted on construction sites across Australia. While the course used to be available online in the past, WorkSafe QLD changed the delivery criteria in 2019, requiring the course to be completed face-to-face.
You will be given everything required to complete your White Card training on the day. You will be required to complete training and assessment tasks with the help of one of our qualified trainers and assessors.
Unit of Competency
Whit Card course requires the completion of the following unit of competency to achieve a Statement of Attainment.
- CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
How to apply basic First Aid and CPR techniques.
- Upon successful completion of the training course you will receive a Statement of Attainment and issued a Queensland White Induction Card that assures employers you are competent to a nationally recognised "white card' standard, CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry.
Students will be introduced to the following sections of the construction industry:
- WHS Legislation
- General safety
- Managing workplace hazards
- Risk management
- WHS Incident & Emergency procedures
- The environment